Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Making changes or making excuses?

So, are we making changes to make our lives better or are we making excuses? I am one of those people that enjoy change. It means a new beginning for me. What could be more exciting than that? I love the feeling of being in control of a destiny "I" get to choose. We all know there are bumps in the road of life and we get some curve balls thrown at us. The way I see it, it just means I need to think fast on my feet and go in a different direction. Just new adventure. God has plans for me, but I have to be the one to get me where I'm going. Now to the excuses. (I am on my kids about this all of the time!) We are the only ones responsible for our actions. You cant blame your husband for not making enough money. You cant blame his boss for not paying him more. Instead, why dont we take control and try to manage our income better. It makes me feel like I really AM making a difference and helping my family when I make a plan and stick to it. I know, it really sucks when we want to go out and do something (like shopping!) and we know we cant afford it. Instead, I have to to do something fun with my family that takes my mind off spending. We can watch a movie at home for free (No computer! Really sitting and BEING together!). We can play a board game at home for free. The library is free. Cooking dinner together and sitting at the table and eating doesnt cost extra. As I write this I notice that most of these things happen at home. In this day and age is it "weird" to be at home and not on the go all of the time? Are we trying to get away from home? Is there something there we are running from or not wanting to face? Hmmm..........
Now, there is something to talk about! Maybe tomorrow. For now lets not make excuses and just make wonderful memories with our family! They will thank us for it =-D

No comments: