Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What is most important to you?

Is it your "stuff" or how much "stuff" you can get? Is it money? Is it family? I think it takes a nice balance of all of the above for me. I don't feel like I need a lot of "stuff". If my house were to burn down, I would only go in and get my kids, husband and animals (and that is a LOT of animals! LOL) If I were to loose everything I own right now, but have the people and animals that I cant live without, I would be just fine. I know I can be just as happy with nothing as I am with everything. Things can be replaced, people cant. I love the idea of de-cluttering and putting my house and "stuff" into perspective. How many of you do FlyLady? I know some of you do. I kinda do it off and on, but I always have her talking to me telling me "dont be the mortar. You are the heart of the home. You have to set the example". When I had just had Aiden and I was pregnant with Trinity, Shad was in CA and I was doing everything all by myself. FlyLady helped me so much at that time. I was able to really get into the groove of FlyLady when I had to do it all on my own. She helped me put my life in order and showed me how good it was to let things go. I felt empowered and in control of my life and kids and everything around me. What is weird is I did it all while getting rid of over half of the "stuff" in my home. Getting rid of clutter made me happy? Why did I have all of this stuff? It clearly wasn't making me happy, so why keep it? Even today, I always have a donation pile going at my house to "bless others". There is your tax right off as well, so keep your donation receipts. If you haven't checked FlyLady out, you really need to.  She also talks about meal planning! Talk about money saving ideas! She has tons of great ideas and money saving tips.

One last thought for today-
Woman are a special in many ways, but one thing that really sticks out in my mind is how much we need each other. Men don't need other men around for support, not like women do. We need each other and we need to stand by each other and support each other. We laugh, cry, plan, celebrate and even work together. It isn't a weakness, it is what makes us strong. It makes us better is so many ways. I know I would be soooo lost without my girlfriends! I need you and I love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well i love youtoo! i cant live with out my wonderful husband and my kids. i think the other thing i would grab is our hard divything that my smart hubby(only after loosing all of my oldest(now almost5)first few months baby pictures)bought to keep a backup pictures on! pictures are so important to me. i feel they hold so many memories. but if i had to grab anything it would be those things. Tracy you are right; "thing" can be replaced! thanks for the flylady thing. One of my besties here has been trying to get me on that, i think this is the final nudge! :)

Shari Uban said...

Yeah it makes me so happy that you updated this, I love you too. I need to get the flylady up and going, lord knows my house could use it. But thank you for being such a wonderful friend. YOur amazing! I read this quote today "Girlfriends are like bras, close to your heart, and always there for support". Love you